The Coquitlam Optimist Club has been bringing out the best in the kids of the Tri-Cities since 1977. Our objective is to conduct positive service projects aimed at providing a helping hand to youth.
Over the years our projects have included:
• Youth Appreciation Week to honour the positive contributions of our young people
• Essay and Oratorical Contests
• Teddy Bear Picnic – Founding Sponsor
• Hoy Creek Hatchery
• Opti Bears – Teddy bears for children in crisis
• Walk for Youth to help youth groups raise funds
• Junior Curling
• Optimist International’s Childhood Cancer Campaign
We seek and undertake new projects as the needs of the community change. By believing in young people and empowering them to be the best they can, our Optimist volunteers continually strive to make this world a better place to live.